Sasank Reddy: Research
My research focus was Participatory Sensing. It deals with using cell phones as “sensors” for enhancing urban planning, public health, cultural identity, an natural resource management.
To find out more about my particular contributions, check out some of the papers I published.
- Sasank Reddy, Min Mun, Jeff Burke, Deborah Estrin, Mark Hansen, Mani Srivastava, “Using Mobile Phones to Determine Transportation Modes,” ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 1-27, 2010. [pdf]
- Faik Baskaya, Sasank Reddy, Sung Kyu Lim, and David V. Anderson, “Placement for Large-scale Floating-Gate Field Programmable Analog Arrays,” IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration Systems, Vol. 14, No. 8, pp. 906-910, 2006. [pdf]
- S. Reddy, D. Estrin, M. Hansen, M. Srivastava. Examining Micro-Payments for Participatory Sensing Data Collections in the International Conference on Ubiquitous Computing (Ubicomp), September 2010. [pdf]
- S. Reddy, D. Estrin, M. Srivastava. Recruitment Framework for Participatory Sensing Data Collections in the International Conference on Pervasive Computing (Pervasive), May 2010. [pdf]
- S. Reddy, K. Shilton, G. Denisov, C. Cenizal, D. Estrin, M. Srivastava. Biketastic: Sensing and Mapping for Better Biking to appear in ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI), April 2010. [pdf]
- B. Longstaff, S. Reddy, D. Estrin. Improving Activity Classification for Health Applications on Mobile Devices using Active and Semi-Supervised Learning in ICST Conference on Pervasive Computing Technologies for Healthcare (Pervasive Health), March 2010. [pdf]
- A. Pepe, S. Reddy, L. Nguyen, M. Hansen. Twitflick: Visualizing the Rhythm and Narrative of Micro-Blogging Activity. in Digital Arts and Culture (DAC), December 2009. [pdf]
- J. Ryder, B. Longstaff, S. Reddy, D. Estrin. Ambulation: A Tool for Monitoring Mobility Patterns Over Time Using Mobile Phones. in Social Computing with Mobile Phones Workshop at IEEE SocialCom, August 2009. [pdf]
- M. Mun, S. Reddy, K. Shilton, N. Yau, P. Boda, J. Burke, D. Estrin, M. Hansen, E. Howard, R. West. PEIR, the Personal Environmental Impact Report, as a Platform for Participatory Sensing Systems Research. in 7th Annual International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications and Services (Mobisys), June 2009. [pdf]
- S. Reddy, K. Shilton, J. Burke, D. Estrin, M. Hansen, M. Srivastava. Using Context Annotated Mobility Profiles to Recruit Data Collectors in Participatory Sensing. in 4th International Symposium on Location and Context Awareness, May 2009. [pdf]
- S. Reddy, K. Shilton, J. Burke, D. Estrin, M. Hansen, M. Srivastava. Evaluating Participation and Performance in Participatory Sensing. in UrbanSense Workshop at Sensys, November 2008. [pdf]
- S. Reddy, J. Burke, D. Estrin, M. Hansen, M. Srivastava. Determining Transportation Mode On Mobile Phones. in IEEE International Symposium on Wearable Computers (ISWC), October 2008. [pdf]
- K. Shilton, N. Ramanathan, S. Reddy, V. Samanta, J. Burke, D. Estrin, M. Hansen, M. Srivastava Participatory Design of Sensing Networks: Strengths and Challenges. in Participatory Design Conference, October 2008. [pdf]
- E. Agapie, G. Chen, D. Houston, E. Howard, J. Kim, M. Y. Mun, A. Mondschein, S. Reddy, R. Rosario, J. Ryder, A. Steiner, J. Burke, E. Estrin, M. Hansen, M. Rahimi, Seeing Our Signals: Combining Location Traces and Web-Based Models for Personal Discovery. in IEEE Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications (HotMobile 2008), February 2008. [pdf]
- S. Reddy, J. Burke, D. Estrin, M. Hansen, and M. Srivastava. A Framework for Data Quality and Feedback in Participatory Sensing. in Sensys Poster Symposium 2007, November 2007. [pdf]
- S. Reddy, A. Parker, J. Hyman, J. Burke, D. Estrin, and M. Hansen. Image Browsing, Processing, and Clustering for Participatory Sensing: Lessons From a DietSense Prototype. in Embedded Networked Sensors (EmNets) 2007, June 2007. [pdf]
- S. Reddy, G. Chen, B. Fulkerson, S. J. Kim, U. Park, N. Yau, J. Cho, M. Hansen, and J. Heideman. Sensor-Internet Share and Search: Enabling Collaboration of Citizen Scientists. in Data Sharing and Interoperability on the World-wide Sensor Web, IPSN 2007, April 2007. [pdf]
- A. Parker, S. Reddy, T. Schmid, K. Chang, G. Saurabh, M. Srivastava, M. Hansen, J. Burke, D. Estrin, M. Allman, and V. Paxson. Network System Challenges in Selective Sharing and Verification for Personal Social and Urban Scale Sensing Applications in Proceedings of HotNets 2006. [pdf]
- J. Burke, D. Estrin, M. Hansen, A. Parker, N. Ramanathan, S. Reddy, M. B. Srivastava. “Participatory Sensing.” World Sensor Web Workshop, ACM Sensys 2006, Boulder, Colorado, 2006. [pdf]
- S. Reddy and J. Mascia. “Lifetrak: Music In Tune With Your Life” to appear in 1st International Workshop on Human-Centered Multimedia of ACM Multimedia, October 2006. [pdf]
- C. Long, S. Reddy, L. He, S. Pamarti and T. Karnik. “Power-efficient Pulse Width Modulation DC/DC Converters with Zero Voltage Switching Control” to appear in International Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design, October 2006. [pdf]
- F. Baskaya, S. Reddy, S.K. Lim, and D. Anderson, “Hierarchical Placement for Large-scale FPAA,” International Conference on Field Programmable Logic and Applications, pp. 421-426, 2005. [pdf]
- F. Baskaya, S. Reddy, S.K. Lim, T. Hall, and D. Anderson, “Mapping Algorithm for Large-scale Field Programmable Analog Array,” ACM International Symposium on Physical Design, p152-158, 2005. [pdf]
- S. Reddy, A. Adibi, Y. Xu, R.K. Lee, “Design of Electronic Modes in Photonic Crystal Optical Waveguides.” in Proc. SPIE Int. Soc. Opt. Eng. Vol. 4655, pp. 73-80 (2002). [pdf]
- S. Reddy, “Towards Design Guidelines for Participatory Sensing Campaigns”, PhD, UCLA, June 2010.
- S. Reddy, “ESP Framework: A Middleware Architecture For Heterogeneous Sensor Networks”, Master’s, UCLA, December 2006.